Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Let Summer Begin!!!!!






The end of an era.  After all my bitching, I'm actually going to miss my undergraduate years.  Sometimes I wish I made more out of it, but in a class of over 2,600 it's hard to make a niche for yourself.  Even though I'm not really going to go anywhere, ( I'm still going to be at St Johns, just in law school) it's going to be weird leaving the undergraduate atmosphere.  

I almost didn't go to my graduation.  It was only my mother's strong persuasive personality that convinced me to go.  I really did think it was stupid, sitting for three hours amongst strangers that I hardly knew, pretending we were all friends that achieved a common goal.  It sounds so silly but for a second it was actually worth being in the searing heat because for a moment, I felt extreme pride in my accomplishments and felt like I was a part of something.  

And then it ended.  And I was annoyed because it was taking me forever to get to my family since everyone was in my way.  It didn't help that I was sticky and hot.  

Such is life.  At least it's over and I have one more memory to somewhat cherish.  What I can most cherish now is the fact that summer has officially begun for me.  For the first time in four years, I am not working this summer.  I'm free!   All my activities from now on are going to be paid by a wonderful thing I like to call credit and law school loans.  I really hope to relax this summer so that when law school starts kicking my ass, I can feel like summer was worth it.  

Yesterday, I started my summer not a day late and went out enjoyed Long Island for all it's worth.  Did a little bar hopping and drove aimlessly among the towns I grew up in. 


Ah, summer!  You and I were always meant to be. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment