Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Does Karma Exist???


I like to think so....

 Less than 24 hours until I have to move out of the cage they like to call college dorming and I can't say I'll miss it.  The random suitemates, the unsanitary living conditions, the bitchy ex-roommate (haha I still laugh when I think of how she got kicked out).  None of it.

Ok, I lied.  I'll miss my random suitemates even though they were messy as hell this year and didn't bother to pick up after a single thing they did.  Still, this year I was patient and cleaned up after their mess when things got too unsanitary to bear.  A sink full of dishes, sticky spots all over the floor, garbage scattered around, a bathroom cleaned only by me.  But I have to say that they were good people. (minus my roommate)  I would probably like them a lot more if I didn't have to live with them.  Except Megan, we've become really good friends.  Like someone joked, "sisters."  

So after playing mother for a whole academic year...has my karma paid me back?

Well... my suitemates left me gifts, by accident and on purpose.  Christine left me a brand new printer.  Nice.  She said she has one in her apartment and it would probably go to waste.  So there I go, mother gets a printer.  Maria was about to throw away a perfectly good Sterilite large rolling container.  I saw it outside of our room and picked it up.  Hey, I need storage space in my new tiny apartment.  And the last three girls left are partying or out for tonight and tomorrow they have to move out by 10.  Chances are that things will be left behind.  And trust me, I'll be waiting...

We all need to be frugal law students and I'm starting now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment